At Women's Resource Centre, we are taking action to save our sector and save women's lives. Women's specialist charities reach women that other services simply cannot and these organisations are best placed to protect them and meet their needs.
But they are heading towards crisis point. The Coronavirus outbreak is having huge impact on service delivery whilst the demand for these services is set to triple.
There are 3 things you can do to help us amplify the voices of women to ensure our rights and our lives are not forgotten.
1. Sign our letter that will be sent to the Department for Culture Media and Sport urging an immediate emergency response in repurposing the Tampon Tax Fund - this fund should be diverted to specialist women’s charities in the form of unrestricted grants. To sign, send your full name and organisation name to email@example.com with the subject line 'Please add my name to the Tampon Tax letter'
2. Send us a short video about how the coronavirus is affecting your organisation There are immediate needs and longer term planning required given the expected devastating impact of the virus on our communities and economy and we want to make sure that women's charities survive this and for our Government to listen to our call for help. To do this, we need your voice. We want to build a collection of short videos from our network that illustrate what we are facing. These can be shot on a phone and we request that they are no more than 2 minutes long in the following format:
- Say the name of your organisation
- What services you provide?
- How to coronavirus is affecting your service users?
- How is the coronavirus crisis affecting your service delivery?
- What emergency measures do you need?
lease record the video and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th April.
3. Sign our letter to the Prime Minister calling for protection for Civil Society Organisations
We have sent a letter to the Prime Minister and Rishi Sunak calling for Civil Society Organisations to be included in the emergency measures taken during this crisis. We already have over 60 signatures. Email email@example.com with your full name and organisation if you want to support.
See the letters at https://mailchi.mp/8f004ba899f3/coronavirusmessage-3989921?e=f6c6cc7053