On 7th March 2018, Against Violence and Abuse (AVA) held a seminar to help organisations supporting people affected by domestic and sexual violence in London prepare to respond to the Domestic Abuse Bill consultation. It was attended by delegates from over 30 organisations. The seminar was delivered as part of Ascent, which is funded by London Councils. Further information and materials from the seminar are available on the AVA website.
Speakers at the seminar were:
- Rachel Krys from the End Violence Against Women Coalition
- Pip Williams, Expert by experience
- Sian Hawkins from Women’s Aid
- Claire Waxman, Victims Commissioner for London
- Jean King from the Department of Health and Social Care