At Rights of Women we have been receiving calls seeking advice about contact arrangements in the current pandemic.
Many families will have to make changes to the arrangements that were in place but how significant those changes are will depend on the circumstances of the individual family.
We have set out below what we believe to be the most sensible approach in the current climate. On this page we cover:
- Government guidance
- General approach – be pragmatic and communicate clearly
- Some of the changes you might want to consider
- Survivors of domestic abuse
- If you can’t reach agreement with the other parent
- Breach of a child arrangements order (CAO)
- Some issues to consider when thinking about alternatives to contact when there are safety concerns
- What if I don’t trust the other parent not to use the situation to continue their abuse?