AVA offers a range of ways for you to learn more about gender-based violence and many related topics.
Classroom based training – this can be scheduled for the future
- A range of highly rated one day courses delivered by our expert trainers. Many of our one day courses have CPD accreditation.
- We also run 3-5 day OCN accredited courses on specific issues.
- We run these courses as a programme of open training that anyone can attend, but we can also provide in-house training for you, either delivering one of our popular courses or developing and delivering a bespoke course to meet your needs, we can do this as an online course or we can schedule this for when we’re able to be back in the training room. To begin this conversation please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online blended training
- Our online blended training combines self-guided learning and an interactive online training session.
- The total learning time is four hours – three hours with a trainer online and an hour of pre-reading.
- It is a great way to deepen your knowledge of a subject from the comfort of your own home or office but still includes interaction with a trainer and other learners to discuss more complex topics.
- We run an open programme of online blended learning and can also deliver courses in-house for organisations.
- We are working towards all our online blended training being CPD accredited.
- Our e-learning programmes are a great introduction to a topic.
- The learning is completely self guided and you can do it at any time making it a convenient way for busy professionals to learn about a new topic.
- If you are interested in accessing our e-learning as an organisation, we can provide bulk access or support you to import our programmes into your learning management system so that you can track completion.
- You can also commission us to develop e-learning to meet your specific needs.
- The two courses available are:
- Complicated Matters: The Links Between Experiences of Domestic and Sexual Violence, Substance Use and Mental Ill-health.
- Understanding Domestic Violence (Levels 1 & 2) (CPD Accredited)
Seminars and webinars
We regularly run events on topical issues with specialist guest speakers.
Our seminars usually last half a day and our webinars are an hour long. To be kept up to date with the announcements of when these will be run sign up to our newsletter.
- Online Interactive Training Session Complicated Matters: The Links Between Experiences of Domestic and Sexual Violence, Substance Use and Mental Ill-health – 9th of June, 10am -1pm
- Online Interactive Training Session Trauma Informed Practice: A Course for Frontline Workers – 22nd June, 10am – 1pm
- Online Interactive Training Session Trauma Informed Practice: A Course for Frontline Workers – 25th June, 10am – 1pm
- Online Interactive Training Session Becoming Trauma Informed: A Course for Managers – 7th July, 10am – 1pm
- Online Interactive Training Session Becoming Trauma Informed: A Course for Managers – 9th July, 10am -1pm
- Online Interactive Training Session Children Under 10 Years Old and Domestic Violence – 10th September, 10am – 1pm
Prices for our open courses start at £50.