Date and time:
Please join us for the launch of:
Why Women - What’s so Special about the Specialists?
Evidencing the importance of specialist women’s organisations in supporting women, challenging gender inequality and saving government money.
We will demonstrate the need, effectiveness and value of Specialist and Women-only services in meeting multiple and intersectional needs, including evidence and account from those with the lived experience of using women’s organisations.
We are inviting:
• Commissioners of mental health and well-being services; domestic and sexual violence services
• Statutory sector services
• Voluntary and community sector organisations providing specialist women’s services
• Organisations working in related areas such as health, refugee and asylum seekers, housing, prison
The event will:
• Increase Commissioners' understanding about the need for women only and specialist women’s organisations
• Demonstrate the value of specialist of ‘by and for’ organisations
• Promote solidarity within the women and girls sector
• Support and enhance cross-sector working
Refreshments will be provided.
For more information please contact Jane@wrc.org.uk