Date and time:
Celebrate International Women’s Day 2019 with Hope Street Xchange.
Hope Street Xchange is once again proud to support International Women’s Day by hosting its own event on Friday 8th March. This year we’ll be highlighting the fantastic work being done across the region to support women through education and into work.
Join us for an inspiring and empowering event which focuses on the help available to those who may face obstacles, such as coming from disadvantaged backgrounds or facing complex barriers, and celebrates their achievements.
Working with Smart Works, The Red Box Project and Sunderland Foodbank, we will be collecting item donations on the day. The donations will include clothes for disadvantaged women to enable them to attend job interviews, sanitary items to fight period poverty in local schools and food and beverage donations for the local foodbank.
Our fantastic speakers are:
- Rebecca Robinson, Commercial Facilities Manager, University of Sunderland
- Katherine Briggs, Lead Enterprise Consultant, Finchale Group
- Lauren Robinson, Journalism Graduate, Fashion Blogger and founder of the first Beauty Bank in Sunderland
- Ingrid Tchamabe, Director, Divinepearl’s Events
- Dr Rebecca Owens, Lecturer in Psychology, University of Sunderland
- Bella Marie Training Academy
- Uplift Associates
- Nigel and Suesie from The Red Box Project
- Gina Nesbitt, The Link School
- 08.30am – 9.15am – welcome drinks and charity drive
- 09.15am- 10.30am – our first inspirational speakers
- 10.30am – 10.45am – break
- 10.45am – 12.00pm – more wonderful, empowering speakers
- 12.00pm – 12.30pm – Q & A
- 12.30pm – lunch
Morning refreshments and a light lunch will be provided by Elior.
This event is for everyone from all walks of life and backgrounds – join us for a fantastic day of celebration!
We hope to see you there!