Date and time:
Active Newcastle are excited to announce that our annual International Women’s Day celebration event is back and it will be under the banner of This Girl Can Newcastle.
2020 is going to be a huge year for #thisgirlcannewcastle with amazing plans to grow the movement across the city, providing more opportunities for women and girls to get active in their own way, whatever that may look like.
Join us to celebrate International Women’s Day at our very popular UV themed event with our optional 1 mile or 5 k “do it your way” event – walk, run, hop, skip or jump - it all counts! Or just come along to show your support and immerse in the celebration.
Apart from celebrating the awesomeness of our northeast local women and girls, we will also be recognising the role that the men and boys in our lives play in supporting our journey to becoming more active. Therefore, we encourage you to bring along your supporters / allies of any gender to participate or cheer you on.
So show your support and gather your troops, hunt out your brightest clothes, pick up some glow-sticks and UV paint and join us for an unforgettable celebration!
This is an inclusive event open to all abilities, gender and ages. The route is suitable for pushchairs and wheelchair users. Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult to take part in the 1 mile / 5K route.
Bring along your Active Newcastle Card to “tap in” on our tablet system to be in with a chance to win a This Girl Can Newcastle goodie bag. If you would like to take part in our prize draw but don’t have an Active Newcastle card, you can sign up here for free and bring it along on the night.
Please note: you can still participate without your Active Newcastle card, you just won’t be entered into our prize draw.
We are also on Facebook @ThisgirlcanNewcastle
Follow us to keep up to date on the amazing offers that will be coming your way in 2020!
Things to note:
• Start point is on the Avenue in Exhibition Park (in front of Café in the park) and not Wylam Brewery, our event host will start the event at 6 pm, so make sure you are at the start line on time.
• We will not be using Wylam Brewery hall this year due to a private function; however, a marquee will be on the Avenue where you can browse our partners stalls.
• No bag drop is provided - leave your bags at your own risk.
• Porta loos are available.
• Wheelchair and pram access – 1-mile route is all on tarmac, elements of the 5k have loose gravel and may be muddy depending on weather.
• Dress appropriately for the weather and bring a head torch if you have one.
• In our aim to try and reduce plastic waste, we won’t be supplying water in plastic bottles. Please bring along your own (filled) water bottles if needed.
• Female and Male marshalls and staff members will be present.
• No parking on site, nearest car parks are at Claremont Road.
• First aiders will be on route.
• Dogs are welcomed if they are on leads.